April 3, 2011

What is C for? Coffee and Caffeine, of Course!

I will tell you a really embarrassing story. I was recently visiting my mother and had not drank my 2 morning cups of coffee and chicory. Anyone that has ever had coffee like French Market or Cafe Du Monde (my MIL is from New Orleans) knows how different it is from your regular cup of joe. The color is rich and the flavor is mellower. The smell....... Gee, I am craving it right now, just talking about it.



Now, going without my coffee would have been fine had I been close to home, but I was out for hours. On the way back in the late afternoon, I was carrying bags and dealing with the worse headache. Friggin' caffeine withdrawal. I stopped into Paper or Plastik for $3 cup of whatever blend they had, just to get home without collapsing.

I love coffee, but I hate that I cannot function well without it. I am my own worse enemy.