October 19, 2009

Beanrito

I don't always eat meat. So there.

I decided to go meatless(not dairyless), today. It was not by choice, but time was an issue.
It was too easy.

What you'll need is:
One 15 oz can of black beans(rinsed)
One packet McCormick Original Taco Seasoning.
4 large flour tortillas
Lettuce, chopped tomato, salsa, chopped avocado, shredded cheddar, sour cream, and chopped onions were the garnish.

In a 2 quart saucepan, I brought to a simmer the black beans with 1/4 cup water and 3/4 packet of taco seasoning for 5 minutes. After they were heated through and the seasoning coated the beans, I used my microwave to heat the tortillas for 15 seconds.

I then took about 1/4 cup of the mixture and layered it in the tortilla with my choice( or my family's) garnishes.
Wrapped the suckers up like diapers and chowed down. I did miss my cold cerveza, but you can't have it all.