February 27, 2010

Leftover Roast Beef, Make a Quesadilla

I love roast beef, but invariably there is always  a bit leftover. I could make soup, sandwiches, or hash, but I love cheese. I decided quesadillas for dinner would be the solution and we all know how easy they are.


Serves 3

You'll need:

Leftover roast beef, about 1 cup, shredded or chopped

1/2 c black beans(mashed)

1 c cheese (I had cheddar and mozzarella left over)

6 flour tortillas ( I had soft taco size)

Garnishes: Sour cream, salsa, and green onions

Mix the first three ingredients in a bowl, set aside. Heat a 12-inch skillet over med-high heat. Add a spray of canola oil to the pan and place one tortilla on the pan, followed by one-third of the filling. Top it with the other tortilla and allow the bottom tortilla to brown slightly. Here is the tricky part, the flip. I had a mini disaster with one of them, so I took the rest and after toasting on one side, placed them in the microwave to finish melting the cheese. Just as good.


Top with sour cream, salsa, and green onions and enjoy.